Welcome the the Illinois Central Regional Fair!
Illinois History Day began in 1947 as a publication entitled Illinois Junior Historian and later Illinois History sponsored by the Illinois State Historical Society. By 1963 the monthly essay and art contest for the magazine soon grew into physical fairs where students could show off their talents and craftsmanship.
Illinois History Day is an annual state-wide academic competition in which students can create a wide variety of projects (exhibit, research paper, website, documentary, or performance) about an aspect of Illinois history. Students from sixth grade through eighth grade participate in the Junior Division and students from ninth grade through twelfth grade participate in the Senior Division.
Illinois History Day consists of four regions; Northern, Central, Southern, and Chicago Metro. Students will participate in their respective regional competitions in hopes of being selected to participate in the state competition held in Springfield on the first Thursday in May.
Students must ensure that their projects meet the qualifications listed in this handbook. Projects will be assessed based on historical accuracy, clarity in argument, relevance to Illinois, and the overall quality of the presentation.
This year's Central Regional Fair will be held on March 9, 2019 at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield, IL.
Student's Main Page
Hello and welcome to registration for the Illinois Central Regional Competition. The date for competition this year is March 9, 2019 and it will be held at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
To sign up for the Central Regional Fair, click the link to the right and follow the instructions. IMPORTANT: Your teacher must create an account before you go any further. If you are not working with a teacher or advisor, please contact your regional coordinator Abigail Cline (email@example.com) to set up your school information for you.
How to Register Online:
- Once your teacher has created an account, you can finish your registration. After logging into this website, you will be prompted to complete your personal information. Then click “Save and Continue.”
- You will then be asked to enter information about your project entry. You will either create an entry, or link to a group project that your teammate has already created.
- The first student in a group will create the entry. That student will then give their fellow group members the “team key.”
- The following group members will begin a student account and will enter the “team key” for their entry. This will bring up the title and description for their entry that was filled out by the group member who created the entry.
- You will then be prompted to enter school, teacher, grade information, and further questions specific to the contest. You must select your teacher from the drop down menu--if you don't see your teacher's name there, contact your teacher or regional coordinator Abigail Cline (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
Pleaese find below some valuable sources as you dive into your research project.
2018-2019 IHD Rule Book.pdf
2019 NHD Theme Book.pdf
- Teachers must register themselves BEFORE any of their students will be able to register.
- You will be able to view/edit your student(s) information in your portal.